The Domino’s Farms Fitness Center/Corporate Health Promotion Program is a unique opportunity for interns to learn and develop skills involved with the operations of a corporate fitness center. The Fitness Center was constructed for employee fitness and health monitoring.
The 10,000 square foot Domino’s Farms Fitness Center includes an aerobics room, free weights, and the latest strength and cardiovascular equipment. The full-time staff provides employee fitness assessments, designs individual exercise programs, organizes and runs recreational leagues and provides information on nutrition, weight control, cholesterol and injury prevention.
As an intern, you will be working closely with the Fitness Center Staff and will be exposed to various components of health promotion and wellness. Listed below are some of the areas in which you will be gaining knowledge and hands on experience:
- Personal training
- Fitness assessment
- Appropriate exercise prescription and program design
- Implementing programs for solo and group settings
Internship responsibilities include:
- Front desk coverage including: Daily interaction with members, new member orientations, scheduling, answering the phone and email
- Client consultations
- Fitness Assessments
- Personal training
- Program design
- Taking blood pressure
- Group exercise class instruction
- General facility maintenance
- Implementing proactive ideas to aid in Fitness Center customer service, member retention, safety, and communication.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be pursuing (or completed) a bachelor's degree in a health related field such as Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, Fitness Management, etc.
- Basic exercise and programming knowledge
- Familiarity with various types of exercise equipment
- Customer service experience preferred
- Friendly and out-going personality
If the opportunity to work in such a program is of interest to you, please apply by submitting the following:
- Letter of interest
- 2 letters of recommendation